Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Life as a Mountain Host




It's a good life. I have enjoyed almost every flake of the 430 inches of snow that has fallen on Alyeska. I am squeezing out every last turn my quads will give me. This will be my last season as a mountain hoe and I can already feel the nostalgia. At the end of each day on my way to my office door, I ski through the little patches of untracked snow and wave goodbye to my friends and I can't help but smile to myself. What a life!
Pictured is me with one of my co-hoes, Gwen.

2 comments:

Clarity's Dad said...

Looks like fun, wish we were there to enjoy it with you. Sounds like you are enjoying the life while you can, becoming a responsible member of society is highly over-rated. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Oh boo hoo. How sad! You know, you can't live the Girdwood fairytale forever, you slacker ski bums!
It's time to grow up and join the ranks of miserable working stiffs.