Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I've seen some things


Today was my first day back in the classroom...and it was bloody. This may sound like I am alluding to some sort of war between the students and myself, but this is not the case at all. The students were wonderful...but one bled a lot. At about 10:30 in the morning, just as I was finishing the last few drops of my delicious chai I heard my surname shouted across the classroom. I turned my head to see a student with the worst bloody nose I have ever seen. Blood was flowing down his hands and arms landing in thick, crimson splashes all over the floor. My first thoughts were of some sort of hemorrhage. It was a terrible finish to a great chai.

1 comment:

Johnny G said...

I had no idea substituting was such a gory business, but tell the truth, just how hard did you hit the little bastard?