Friday, March 31, 2006

Rude Awakenings

I have just woken up to snow spackled trees outside the window, and an unsettling memory in my head. Last night, I had dreamt that Extremely John had opened the world's largest indoor amusement park - built entirely on the theme of Home Improvement.

It was like stepping into a Lowe's but with large plumbing pipe roller coasters, shooting ranges with nail guns, and the ice cream parlour - where I was employed. Oh sure, I did a little freelance graphic design on the side, but who doesn't ?

The amusement park was also open 24 hours, in which my shift ended at 7 pm, but Jonathan Hughes' shift was just beginning. We spent a few moments exchanging notes and going over some charts, ice cream scooping has its technical side. Then I went off to clock out, and say goodbye - unfortunately, John was busy in a meeting with new recruits. Yes, about twenty new recruits in their fancy jumper outfits and shiny new white shoes all huddled around the man, feeding off his every word. John would toss his hair back in laughter, although it didnt have the same effect as the mane he once carried with masculine pride. I never did get a chance to say goodbye.

Dream ? or a not so far fetched reality ? either way, I am afraid to look under my bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to work in an ice cream shoppe!