Saturday, June 10, 2006

The final G-wood blog from Esteban

Hey Girdwood friends, Steve here, hola from Chico. I know that our posts now no longer fall into the all things Girdwood category, so this will be my last post on this blog, you'll have to look at our blog every once in awhile to see what we're up to. Hope everyone is doing well, I'm sure it's getting beautiful in Alaska and the temps are finally rising. We are really enjoying Chico, there are so many things to do it makes my head spin. The temps are still pretty enjoyable, mostly in the high 70s to high 80s, although I know the hot times are coming. Today we went to a farmers market (see photo), it is so nice to be able to eat fresh produce any time we want. All the items on that table cost under $40 total. We have numerous black diamond mountain bike trails within a 15 minute bike ride from our house (we haven't filled our car up in 2 weeks), and the city puts on free music in the park every Friday night, last night it was blues, next week it's bluegrass, etc. We are also 2 hours from Lake Tahoe, 1.5 hours from Mt Shasta, and 1 hour from Lassen Volcanic National Park where apparently there is some world class backcountry skiing. Anyways, obviously we are loving it, and I mention it not to brag but hopefully to entice someone to come and visit us!! Did I mention the uncountable numbers of breweries in the area?? Unfortunately it looks like I may not be visiting in July, we are trying to save some money for ski trips this winter (anyone interested in a backcountry hut trip in Canada, eh?). Check in on our blog every once in awhile and everyone is officially invited to stop by anytime, I'll keep the kegerator stocked for you. Have a great summer and soak up some of that Alaska splendor for me!








4 comments:

Papa Dude said...

I think California is making the two of you a bit soft. Is there some sort of blogging boundry? Is posting on two different sites outside of your comfort range? Is this your subtle way of saying that we are your past...and someone else is your future? Listen well my friends as I have a lesson to teach: don't be a dick, blog on our site as well. Plus we check your site all the time, and it rarely changes. I think all of those breweries are making the two of you a little cocky.

ps. We all miss you and wish you'd return soon.

Anonymous said...

Now party dude, don't be hostile, the reason our blog never changes is that I always post on the G-wood site. Is your attention span so short that you can't check 2 blogs (you must have dial up)?? You can even get to it through the girdwood site so you don't have to remember all those pesky letters. Don't worry, we check the G-wood blog almost daily to see what misadventures the gang is getting into, and maybe if you were going to be around when I supposed to be there I might actually make it, I suppose a bunch of smelly fish holds more interest for you than hanging out with me. And just to show there are no hard feelings..Oh, now you've done it, Michelle is on my case about not blogging in both sites, I suppose if I don't want to sleep on the couch I had better recant, I'll try to continue my blogging double life, sorry to alarm you.

Mama Meeshell said...

I am definitly NOT going to quite posting on the Girdwood site. Esteban is his own person and I have NOTHING to do with this.

Anonymous said...

i like beer !