Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Gorillas in the Mist



Well, it must truly be summertime. While I was chatting with Dan on the phone, trying to recall Phil Freeman's name - these two wild gorillas came into the backyard. Knowing that feral gorillas can be dangerous, I shut the screen door while he passed by at three feet away.

But then I got to using my noggin' and thought that even though we are in a subtemperate rainforest, it isn't likely that there would be wild gorillas running about...so I set out to investigate. Armed with only my badge of courage and the smell of ripe bananas emitting from beneath my massive deltoids, I cornered the simian beasts against a grey wall of despair...


As I approached ever closer to get the wide angle shot, the beast charged past me and into the bush - so I gave chase !

And the simple creatures fell right into my trap, heading straight for Extremely John's house - where I knew we could subdue them, perhaps lulling them into slumber and carrying them upstairs next to their distant cousin, the albino hairy hippopotamus.

Unfortunately, John was not there to sing his sweet siren song (the same lyric that has obviously entranced PartyDude), and so I cleverly devised a plan to chase the wild thing up a tree, in hopes that he would somehow become dizzied by the heightened experience, and thus come crashing into some form of a narcoleptic state...

Time wore on, and I found myself growing bored with the arrangement.
and then I saw a butterfly, so I chased him instead.

THE END !

3 comments:

Papa Dude said...

Yes...John does have a certain hypnotic quality about him.

Papa Dude said...

Yes...John does have a certain hypnotic quality about him.

Mama Meeshell said...

Does Party Dude have a studder?