Friday, October 28, 2005

Leaving at the Begining


Last night I dragged myself and my van into Girdwood after a LONG but thankfully uneventful (except for when the engine almost fell off) drive from Fairbanks. To see the night skiing lights for the first time this season was a nice treat. Before pulling into the chalet I drove around the mountain feeling all nostalgic, managing to get a picture amidst a river of tears and loud obnoxious sobbing. I love this mountain. It feels weird to be leaving at the begining of the season.

SO, I came home and packed up my snowboard because it's going to NY with me. Yeah, that's right, I'm going to rip it up on the hardcore slopes of New England. I'm sure it'll be super uber fun.

5 comments:

Mama Meeshell said...

We will miss you like crazy!!! But you will see amazing new sites and can report back about that side of the world.

Jason said...

Thanks for calling me for dinner at Maxine's tonight mEEshell.

Anonymous said...

What's all this about you leaving? Short term? Long term? What in the hell is going on?

Jason said...

Agent Kissinger I presume. How are ye me brutha? Yes indeed, I leave the AK on the 2nd of Nov. For how long...it's anybody's guess. I do know this, it's difficult leaving such a tight community. I really enjoy everyone I know here. Meeshell said it eloquently enough, I'll report back from the east and it'll be fun.

Anonymous said...

Being a Girdwoodian in exile does have its benefits - you get to sweep through town like a hurricane spreading good will and sleep deprivation.
May our huricanes cross paths.