Thursday, November 17, 2005

Elsewhere in the World

Thank you all for the happy return to the winter wonderland, albeit leaving 70 degree weather and sunshine was difficult. Plus the numerous bedtime stories and having Mom feed me made it almost painful.

I have posted up a series of photo galleries on my Yezbick website, though some of you already had the joy of reviewing most of them.

There are not any photos from either Washington DC or Athens, instead I allowed my other senses to take in the environment. One night in Athens, as we were leaving the Farm 255 restaurant, there was a Sierra Club meeting going on in the courtyard with troupe of capoeira martial artists displaying their skills. It reminded me of a cross between learning how to do handplants when I was a skateboarder and yoga. Further down the road, there was a four piece folk band playing in which one member was playing a dulcimer. The previous night took us to the Grit where we dined on some fine vegetarian southern cooking. Following the meal, we journeyed around Athens, ending our night at the Fabulous 40 Watt for a performance by Spoon, who rocked us regardless of our extreme road weariness. My good friend Chris was serving bar, and kept us awake with libations galore.

Other memorable moments include the conception of the "Thumbsuck" dance, (which we may see included at my next breakdance extravaganza,) a simulcast performance of "Porgy and Bess" on the National Mall greenbelt of Washington DC, the delightfully frightening Sporting Goods store in Pennsylvania during deer season and so much more...

Now I am all ready to enjoy a winter of fun and frolic, as most of you know - Partyboy dissuaded me from working at the hotel, thus allowing me to retain some sanity this winter. I have also acquired a season's pass as a bonus from the Man, so please remember to invite me to both your wild winter parties and your resort riding escapades. If anyone has the urge to teach me to teleski, feel free.

No comments: