Thursday, November 03, 2005

We'll miss ya old friend


At approximately 8:42pm Tuesday night, longtime Girdwood resident and good friend Jason, aka Vern, boarded his spaceship and left our little town behind. This is the last shot of young Jason shortly before liftoff.
Jason- take care and don't forget your peeps back in G Weed.
The spaceship was apparently underpowered because Vern was forced to jettison nearly all of his earthly possessions before he left. I am now the proud owner of a desk, office chair, sky chair and $500 Honda as well as a plant, miscellaneous trim wood and an African skin painting made with the blood of a dozen village chiefs. I know there are others in this fair town whose houses are filled with Vern debris as well.

As you all look upon this picture tune your IPODs to Elton John's "Candle in the Wind," I think it most fitting although it's hard to hold back the tears.

Take care Vern.

2 comments:

Papa Dude said...

In my heart of hearts, I think that Jason Lucas is a remarkable, handsome man, that always smells wonderfuly. I will truly miss the way he smells.

Anonymous said...

What a babe!