Monday, November 14, 2005

Full Moon Fever


The mountain looked quietly pensive tonight as the snowmakers hissed back and forth in hushed whispers. The temperature is dropping, the moon is rising and soon skiiers will make their pilgrimmage to the almighty mountain. In honor of the opening next week of her seductive ledges and valleys I have penned a haiku:

Covered in snow she
Beckons to me but I must
Pay to play with her.

Perhaps that had a negative tone, I'll try again later...
Incidentally there is a gala event Thursday, November 17th, 7:30pm at Tidal Wave Bookstore wherein some of the state's finest poets will read from a discerning collection of submitted material. Word on the street is that a local Girdwoodian will be featured so I suggest ya'll come out and mingle with the literati, perhaps feed the old cerebellum a bit then we'll all journey on to Bernie's and cull the weak brain cells.

No comments: