Thursday, February 09, 2006

Stormy Days are Here Again


Girdwood- What started off as a fatty 10" inches of new snow today soon turned to rain and wind and general hellaciousness. There are unconfirmed reports of an avalanche death by a snowshoer up on Flat Top Mountain in Anchorage and the Seward Highway is currently closed from Portage south all the way to Seward until 12 pm tomorrow and the road has avalanched shut at mile 33.

So things are looking pretty good all in all.

I submit a photo of Super Bowl Sunday 2005 from one year and 3 days ago, 40 mph winds, ice skates, glaciers and Alaskan Amber.

If you need a smile, check this out, it actually contains footage from Alaska, really, and at the very end is a shot of Anchorage, really. I wonder if the Visitor's Bureau knows about this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the hell can I say, I can't believe that I watched the whole video. When I'm humming this song at the next get together it will be all your fault John. Easy to miss all the great Alaska shots with that hunk of burning love crooning the whole time, there is nothing those Baywatch folks can't pull off!